I am still reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente. I'm 35% into it and have no clue why it's called this, September has not made a boat, she is walking around Fairyland. September came into fairyland from her house on the green wind. She came across two witches, Hello and Goodbye (I know, weird names), Goodbye had her magic spoon stolen and September went to steal it back from the Marquess. On the way she met a Wyvern (which is sort of like a dragon). The Marquess would not give her the spoon unless she went on another quest for something.
This book is quite interesting, I wonder what this other something is going to be. September tried to find out. She is quite bold to do that to the Marquess. The Marquess is quite scary and September went right up and said I will not go find this if I don't know what it is. But this Marquess has her ways.
This is an amazing book, but I don't know why. I cannot connect with September with her witches and Wyverns. I love this kind of book, fairytales or sci-fi but those are the books you can't connect with. Usually the easiest books to read are the ones you can relate to, but I guess I'm not one of those people.
No comments:
Post a Comment