"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Lao-tzu

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Favorite Picture Books

There are many great picture books. One of my favorite picture books is "Iggy Peck Architect" by Andrea Beaty. Both of my parents are architects and love this book. So naturally I have come to like it too. I read it over and over again as a child but now it just sits on the shelf. I love how it rhymes in just about every line. It has cute little illustrations. Within these illustrations I like how there's always a little animal such as the little black birds or the little white cat. I just think this is a wonderful children's book with cute little ideas/poetic words and illustrations. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you do, it is really good.

2 comments:

  1. This is short and sweet. I think you could expand your thoughts more... why is the writing in this book good? why do you think the author chose to include illustrations? I have never read it, but I will now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ora, you could have given us a bit more background information and a little bit of the story line. However, you did a great job of explaining why you liked the structure of the book, the rhyming, illustrations etc. I have never heard of this book but maybe I'll try reading it considering I haven't read a good picture book in a while.

    ReplyDelete