"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Lao-tzu

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finished Books, More Problems, and a New New Book

       I finally finished Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. It was a good book, always something interesting happening. For the last 24 pages Deryn and Alek were in the ship and flew easily over the Germans "walker thing with 8 legs." It kind of just stopped after that with Alek wondering what is in the eggs. Luckily they can finish their journey in the second book, Behemoth, which I got on my kindle.
       Except for the fact that I have another problem. The screen on my kindle is messed up it won't show all the words on the page. So now I can't read anything on my kindle. I want to read that book, so I'm going to get a new kindle. In the mean time, I'm reading Crank by Ellen Hopkins.
       Lots of people have said it was a good book so I wanted to try it out for myself. So far I'm more than half way through, in 3 days, without having anytime to write a blogpost. The main character, Kristina is going through the exact teenage years your parents don't want you to have. Over the summer, she met this guy, Adam, who she started to date, she started drinking and went on some drugs, like crank, they use a metaphor for it, they call it "the monster," can you believe that that was Kristina's first date? She's still with him when school starts, but now, she's also with a "cute" lifeguard, Brendan, and a football player, Chase. Brendan just drove Kristina to the middle of nowhere and raped her (if you would call it that). I have no clue what's going to happen next, but I think it should be interesting.
       It seems like Kristina has two sides. There's her birth name that shows she's normal, with friends, and happy, Kristina. And there's the evil side that always wants a boyfriend with her, wants drugs, beer, cigarettes, and the monster, desperately, Bree. It's interesting how with her two sides, comes two names. I like this book a lot even though I've never read anything like it before.

1 comment:

  1. good post,
    i had the same kindle addition as you and one day the same think happened to me. I had a warenty so i traded it and bought a nook. But thats the 2nd time ive heared of that happining to someone.
    Great post.
    Aleyna Ndaw

    ReplyDelete