"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Lao-tzu

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Behemoth

       I finished Crank a while ago. It ended with Kristina, pregnant, and this other guy, Chase, thinking it was him. That's not the point of this blogpost though. I got a new kindle and now I am reading the second book of Leviathan, Behemoth. It's good and I'm about halfway through it now. You would have to read Leviathan first to understand what's happening. It starts off just where they left off at the end of Leviathan. It's almost like the only reason they made it a new book is because they were afraid of making Leviathan too long.
       Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld, finished with Alek wondering what is in the eggs. They were in the Leviathan and had just left the alps and they were flying off to Istanbul. When Behemoth started, Deryn and Alek were in the Leviathan, flying off to Istanbul.  Deryn is a girl pretending to be a boy so she can fly the airship, and Alek is a prince.
       When they landed in Istanbul they rode on a mechanical elephant.  People were trying to attack the elephant for some reason,and Deryn fought them with bright red spices. Alek was on egg duty and one hatched while he was watching it; he took the little beast with him while escaping the Leviathan.  I'm really enjoying the book because it is very realistic even while obviously being fictional.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marina!!
    You were strongly descriptive through your writing. I would enjoy to learn more about Behemoth!

    -Ava the HAPPY

    ReplyDelete