POETRY
Beautiful, Beautiful America
On the dark streets
Of garbage and filth
The sun may still rise
To beauty and happiness
The dark must turn to light
The day must turn to night
Oh, how things change
From dark to light
From day to night
And yet, America is America
With the beauty all inside
Remembering
The best things happen
When your brain is not developed
When you can't remember a thing
My childhood was amazing
Or at least that's what they say
I was ahead in Preschool
But how would I know
Childhood Memories
Snippets of your life
Flash in your eyes
How can those be
Your only childhood
Memories
Gone
2 dead dogs
Alive for homework
Alive for play
Alive for my best friend
Before she moved away
Untitled
People want to change
Their old ways of life
They want to give up
All because
They're scared
No rights for women
No education for children
No equality for all
No living in peace
Because the men are
Too scared
I had a picture in my notebook for Beautiful, Beautiful America but I couldn't figure out how to get it onto the post.
ReplyDeleteSorry :(
Nice poems! All of them had really great messages about the world and life. For example, in your poem "remembering", when you said, "Or at least that's what they say...But how would I know", you remind the reader that as young children, we don't remember what happened to us at such a young age because it was so long ago. I especially liked the first two because I felt like I could personally relate to them, and your choice of words and how some of the last words of each line are opposites and the first few words of each line sometimes repeat. Awesome job!
ReplyDelete