"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Lao-tzu

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Finished, Started, Finished, Started

I finished The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente. It was a good book, September killed the Marquess and now she is going to go home for the school year and come back in the spring. There is a second book that I don't know if I am going to read or not.

After reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, I read The girl Who Could Fly by Vctoria Forester. This is a great book in which Piper is born with a mysterious ability to float, when she is older she learns to control her floating and make it flying. She is sent of to an institute where they are putting drugs into her food. She is with a bunch of other kids who have other special abilities. You have to read the book to find the ending, but I assure you that Piper connects with your imagination.

Now I have found a book that I can't tell if it's good or bad yet called, Damosel by Stephanie Spinner. In this book, a water spirit named Damosel is sent off on a mission to create an amazing sword encrusted with jewels for a prince in 9 years (this is really short for her). Right now she is going to the "Lowlies" to buy the jewels.  I'm not sure if this is going to be a good book or not, but I'm guessing she is going to have trouble making the sword and that's the main problem in the story.

1 comment:

  1. those 3 books sound interesting, i might have seen the "the girl Who Could Fly" before, it looked interesting to read.

    Amazing blog!
    Yumeno

    ReplyDelete